Thursday, April 14, 2011

Why Netflix Has Outlasted Blockbuster!


For years Blockbuster has been the movie rental icon, and everyone would go there to find a movie to watch. After years of being on top they have recently started going out of business because of Netflix. My family has been using Blockbuster for as long as I can remember, but for the past year in a half we have started using Netflix. I live in Olive Branch, Ms and there were three Blockbusters and they have all been recently shut down. I had a membership card for Blockbuster and loved to go there when I had time too. Blockbuster was a great store to go too, but Netflix is so much more convenient. When I would check out a movie at Blockbuster I would have to go to the actual store and find my movie and pay each time, and that would add up to alot of money. New rentals would cost more than other older movies. Also I would only have a certain amount of days to keep my movie. Whereas, when you use Netflix you pay one flat rate, 9.99, a month. Also, you can keep your movie for as long as you need it, and you can watch it as many times as you want. Netflix always has the latest and the newest movies for you to watch and you don't have to pay extra fees for them. You don't need a membership card for Netflix, all you need is an E-mail and a password, and that's how you log in every time after you give your billing information. You can order movies from your house computer and have the movies delivered to you by the next morning. Now with Netflix you can also get movies from your Wii and Xbox live. This means you don't have to leave your house to rent a movie anymore. I love using Netflix being in college because I can watch any movie from my laptop and not have to move or worry about late fees. Blockbuster was great at the time, but with gas prices and the prices of the new movie rentals going up, Netflix is a safer bet and they have a better variety. These are some of the many reasons of how Netflix has outlasted Blockbuster, and Blockbuster has taken its recent losses.









No comments:

Post a Comment