Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Top Three Twitter Apps for an Iphone user



Twitter is rapidly becoming one of the most popular social networking sites out there. I absolutely love Twitter. Twitter is my comic relief on a daily basis. I'm probably addicted. I tweet everywhere:while walking to class, sitting in the union, in class, in long meetings, and wherever else I deem necessary. I even tweet in the shower. #DontJudgeMe That's just a little Twitter humor for you all. I am able to effectively tweet and update my account on Twitter by using applications. Well, today I wanted to share with you some great twitter apps for the iPhone. I wanted to share with you the applications that have worked best for me.


1) EchoFon
Echofon is by far my favorite application. I have tried many apps before but this one is perhaps the best. It a
llows you to do so much. My favorite feature is the mute option. In case you don't know what the mute option is, it allows you to temporary silence one of your followers. You might ask "why would you want to mute someone?" Well, there are certain followers that annoy me but I do not want to "unfollow" them, instead I just mute them until I feel like being bothered with them again. EchoFon also includes the push notification feature. The ap
p will send me a notification whenever I receive a direct message, a mention, or a retweet. It helps me to keep up with everything. It is a wonderful app for an afforable cost: FREE!







2) Twitbird
I really really like Twitbird. It's also another free application for Twitter. I especially like Twitbird because it allows you to be creative and change the layout of your timeline as well as your profile. Twitbird also allows your to change your profile picture without making it appear small unlike other apps. It is much easier to edit and transform your profile than it is on the internet or any other app. I am able to alter my background with this app. As you can see in my picture on the right, I can upload my own picture and save them as a background.Twitbird is one of the few applications that read your tweets aloud for you. This can come quite in handy if you are driving or preoccupied. It is a great feature for someone who is blind or have poor vision. This app does not have push notifications but itorganizes my Retweets, Direct Messages, and Mentions into separate folders. I never miss a tweet with twitbird.




3) Hootsuite
Hootsuite is a pretty nice app as well. As you can tell, I have many applications for Twitter installed on my phone. I use Hootsuite as my backup app in case my other applications start to crash. Sometimes, there is an error in an application which may cause it to fail. That doesn't happen often though. I like Hootsuite because it is very easy to navigate. Hootsuite places everything in to separate folders. Not only does it use organize my Twitter account but it organizes my Facebook account. I really like that feature of Hootsuite. It allows me to easily navigate between Twitter and Facebook without a problem.

These applications that I listed above are my personal favorites. These apps should be most helpful to any iPhone user.


-Brittany Dukes

No comments:

Post a Comment