Monday, April 25, 2011

The Top 5 Worst Internet Annoyances

Oh the Internet. Has there ever been an invention so useful and beautiful as it? Obviously, we all use the Internet for more reasons than one. It has everything one needs! Shopping, ratings, information, time-killers, the Internet has it all! Despite these wonderful things, there are still some aspects of the Internet that make us gnash our teeth out of rage. You all know what I'm talking about, those tiny little things that drive you insane.

5. Youtube speech bubbles

remember when Youtube videos were exactly what they are broadcast as; videos? Yea, me neither. For some reason, one of the CEOs of Youtube decided it would be a bright idea to allow its users to upload speech bubbles into otherwise good videos. Now, I find it impossible to watch a video without getting spammed with these little boxes asking me to subscribe to the uploader or to visit his site! It wouldn't be so bad if these bubbles weren't blocking the video I'm trying to enjoy...

4. Websites without back and forward arrows

Do you ever get on a site and see something really interesting on the side of the screen? When you do, go ahead and click it, why not, you can always just click the back arrow to return to the previous screen right? Right?! Not the case in those bear traps of websites that don't allow you to return to the previous screen. Its made even worse if it was a diamond in the rough, a website that was truly fascinating, yet unknown. And now, due to the lack of the back arrow, your little treasure is lost forever.

3. CAPTCHAS

For those of you who don't know what CAPTCHAS are, I'm sure you have encountered them. They are the squiggly and indecipherable words you must enter so that the computer knows you are not a machine. Although they do serve a purpose, why must they be so difficult to read? Also, as if CAPTCHAS of real words wasn't enough, I started encountering random jumbles of letters that left me screaming out of frustration after my 14th attempt at deciphering them.

2. Pop-up adds

I think we can all agree that these things are the spawn of Satan. If you have never seen a pop-up add, you have probably never used the Internet. Well, if you haven't seen over a hundred pop-up adds you have probably never used the Internet. I understand that some sites need these things to produce revenue so that they don't have to be shut down, but why must pop-up adds be some terrible to deal with? I'm pretty sure my hatred of these things doesn't need to be explained. I especially hate those ninja pop-up adds. You know, the ones that show up out of nowhere when you try to click on something, and then all of a sudden you are finding out how you can claim your free Ipad. You add a loud, annoying voice, some blaring music, and some flashing lights, and you are truly in for a hellacious experience.

Now for the most annoying part of the Internet, I'm sure the suspense is killing you. But don't worry, because I'm never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down.

1. Rickrolling

Dear God. I honestly don't think that anything in this world has ever driven me crazier than the voice of Rick Astley. I'm sure at one point in time I might had been able to enjoy "Never Gonna Give You Up," but ever since the phenomena that erupted in 2008, I can't stand to even hear the words stranger and love in the same sentence. Granted, rickrolling has definitely slowed down in more recent years, but catching that one random video that still pulls of this torture brings back flashbacks from the dark years.


No comments:

Post a Comment