Saturday, April 2, 2011

Game Spy M-65 Trail Camera

Being raised in South Texas, I became a very avid hunter of big game at a very young age. Being outdoors was a part of everyday life when your ranch is only thirty minutes away or your friends all have ranches with monster animals. My friends and I would spend every weekend out at our ranches basically just playing around. Whether it be riding our four wheelers and mules around the entire property making sure all the feeders had food or down at the fishing pond trying to see who could catch the biggest Bass, we were always doing something outdoors because its what we loved to do.

There’s nothing like waking up early in the morning just hoping you’ll see that monster buck or four hundred pound pig you’ve always wanted to drop right on the spot. I can’t even sleep sometimes at night just because I’m always thinking of the best blinds to go to or where I think I’ll have the best opportunity to get the best shot off. Fortunately enough for me I’ve gotten lucky a few times and have picked the right spots, but I’ve also made some terrible decisions that have led me to absolutely nothing. I needed something that I could look at on a daily and nightly basis that showed me the patterns of the herds and which feeder was most commonly attended my little friends. So I asked around about who had the best game cameras on the market and my buddy Jack showed me just thing I was looking for, the Moultrie Game Spy M-65 Flash digital Trail Camera.

So I convinced my dad into buying a few of these bad boys so we could increase that chance at nailing that monster buck. These cameras really seemed to be the real deal. It had everything you could ever want in a game camera. This thing has the capability of taking day and nighttime photos and videos while using white flash illumination, which would give us a little bit better of an idea of just how the deer liked to move and what times they like to feed. The Game Spy digital camera takes six well-defined megapixel pictures and stores them on a hefty memory card that will save hours of videos and thousands of photos. The built in infrared sensor with rapid response is also a great bonus that comes with the M-65 because you get more accurate pictures and less shots with nothing there.

On the back of the camera comes a good-sized two-inch menu-driven LCD screen that lets you view your pictures and videos along with pictures taken and remaining. And if you’re worried about leaving your camera on the feeder and it getting ruined by bad weather, this puppy is weather-resistant and comes with an airtight camera seal so that rain and dirt cant seep in there and ruin it.

The selling point of this camera for me was it included the Moultrie Game Spy Management System. Now for those of you who don’t know what that is, it’s a system that allows you to view your videos and photos from anywhere with internet access by only logging on to a website. By having the capability to see everything via Internet, you are significantly able to take fewer trips to view your camera and leave less scent that discourages game to come to your feeder. Once your able to get the modem plugged into your camera, the AT&T wireless network allows you to upload pictures and videos to your personal website provided to you courtesy of Moultrie. Once inside your own website, you can see photos, check batter life, and even change the settings of the camera to your personal liking.

After experiencing this camera first hand it’s dramatically changed the way I hunt. I now study photos and videos of where and when the best deer and pigs are hanging out and plan my hunts around them. I’ve recently killed both one of the largest White Tail Deer and hog this past season and I strongly believe its because the Game Spy helped me locate them and show me their feeding patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment