Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Experience On Twitter

When I first joined Twitter, it was about 2years ago, I didn't know what I was doing or how to use it. When I created the account I just wanted to see was it anything like Facebook. I was on there for about ten minutes before I logged out and went back to using Facebook, where I felt comfortable because I knew how to use Facebook rather than Twitter. On Facebook I write on people walls, tag theme in photos, like or comment on someone's status, it wasn't like that on Twitter. After a while Facebook got boring because all people wanted to do was talk about the drama in their life and I needed something new. At the beginning of last semester I deleted my old Twitter account and joined Twitter again. I start playing around on there just to get the feel of it. After a while I start following some of my favorite celebrities, my friends from back home and here on campus, and a random person who tweets caught my attention. At first i wasn't tweeting just following and reading other people tweets. When I felt comfortable enough I started tweeting more on random situations, random thoughts, or just what certain activities I'm doing on various days. One thing about Twitter is it gives you the opportunity to express your feelings without people acting hasting towards you like on Facebook because it might have offended them in some way. One of the perks about being on Twitter is the fact that I can retweet something that’s encouraging or true. Twitter is a place where I can view other people's thoughts about the same situation or different ones. When there’s a trending topic I rarely do those, but I like you read other people views on them some be funny and some be true. People can see my interest when i retweet and they can start following the same people I'm following. I asked one of my friends what did he think of Twitter and how different was it from Facebook. He said, "It's more serious and by that I mean people are less reluctant to put their honest feelings on Twitter and in my "field" it helps get information and news, but also changes the way it's given." He's experience wasn't any different from mines, but everybody's entitle to their own opinion. Because when I talk to my cousin about joining Twitter she thinks it’s the same as Facebook I tried to explain to her that Twitter is different it's a place where you can express your feelings and don't have you worry about people being indifferent with you because you think a different way than they do. So now I'm on Twitter more then I'm on Facebook. Now I know the different between when I first start using Twitter to now because of right now I love Twitter and the fact I can express my most inner thoughts. I have over a thousand tweets now more than my first trial run.

No comments:

Post a Comment