Friday, March 25, 2011

How The Wii Helped With My Fear Of Video Games

I never was a fan of video games until the Wii system. Why? Because video games weren’t fit for me at all I totally sucked at it. I tried playing them never could get the hang of it. I always asked question about which button to press or how to do certain moves depending on the game I was playing. Since I have two brothers and being the only girl I never had anybody to play girlie things with, so I had to settle with playing video games with my younger brothers. Video games are the only thing in my household, because my brothers weren’t the only ones playing them, my mom and stepdad played them also, I was the odd one out the bunch, who didn’t find video games to be interesting. When my mom brought the Wii system my whole aspect of playing video games changed. When we first started playing I was reluctant to give it a try, because I still had the fear of not being able to play video games. Then, one day I was home alone and it got bored so I decided to give the Wii a try, at first I was getting mad, because my fear kept getting in the way and it made it hard for me to actually enjoy the game. So when I start getting the hang of I became more confident. The tennis game was hard until I realized that it’s just like playing tennis in real life, so I start using the Wii stick as a tennis racket my skills became very appealing, it showed that all I had to do was let go of my fear and relax a little and I could become very good at playing the Wii system. The next game I chose to play was bowling, just thinking about how bad I was when I first start playing I crack a smile because that was the most hardest game ever. Trying to get the ball to knock the pins over was very hard because you have to have a good aim to knock all ten down. I became slightly good at that once my mom taught me how to make the ball jump so that I can knock down all ten and get a strike, still practicing on that. The last game I tried was boxing. Boxing became my favorite game I never had trouble with mainly, because I like fighting or know I little about fighting, because I hung around a lot of boys when I was younger and fighting is something I had to do to show them I was weak and that I could hang with them. So boxing was like second nature to me. This game was exciting and intense, because I was trying to knock my opponent out with one hit, but sometimes it became very difficult because my opponent would always get back up. Anyway my fear of playing games wasn’t over because I still feel reluctant to play PS2, PS3, and the Xbox 360, but as long as I got the Wii I feel a little confidence in playing some type of video game.

No comments:

Post a Comment