Thursday, March 24, 2011

Gaming at it's Best!


What is the best gaming console out there? Some would say it's the Wii or the Xbox Kinect, because they are up and beyond our expectations of interactive gaming. Most everyone, now-a-days, love anything that is the latest and greatest. I must say I love my fair share of Wii games, and I have yet to try to Xbox Kinect though I'm sure I would find it equally fascinating. I also like anything that is up to date or beyond. However, I will always and forever believe that the best gaming console is... the Super Nintendo. Yes, that is correct. The Super NES is by far the best consoleout there.
The first reason I have for absolutely loving the console is I've had and played with it for as long as I can possibly remember, and it has made some pretty awesome memories. I would usually come home from school everyday and immediately start playing. Just kickin' it back, playing some Super Nintendo, and relaxin' from the hardships of elementary school. Then my sister would walk in and we would start duking it out on some Street Fighters. This most likely our first bonding experience, as well as with the rest of my family. The cousins would gather around the T.V. at family cook-outs, and gatherings to see which team was the best at fighting on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Still to this day, we talk of fun times spent on the Super NES. It's even how I make small talk with people I just meet.

The above brings me to my next point. This console will with stand the storms of time. My family got our Super NES, when I was extremely young because of my older sister. The console was first sold in the beginning of the 1990's. We bought ours probably around 1991 when I was born, and I still play it every once and a while when I'm not completely overwhelmed with school. It has survived through a move from one city to the another one 6 hours away, a couple of years in an extremely hot attic, and the abuse from my little cousins. Through it all, it still works like it's brand new. The best part is if a game doesn't work you blow on the chip that shows to connect to the console and it magically starts to work again. If you'
ve never tried it, trust me. It works.

Finally, my next and most important point. The games for the Super Nintendo are the best EVER! They are so simple that anyone can play them, yet they are so exciting a person forgets they are so simple in the first place. They are great for everyone. Below are the list of top games.

  1. It's a me, Mario! Super Mario World is an all-time favorite andhow can you forget that amazing song in the beginning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naD6mNeHIsE. Plus, we all remember going from castle to castle defeating Bowser andhis other enemies to win Princess Peach.

  2. FINISH HIM!! Please, tell me everyone still remembers Mortal Kombat. We would literally play this game for hours on end. It was thebest way to start the weekend. It was so great they even made a movie based off ofit. Though, the movie was horrible. The game is amazing. The target of the game was to simply kill the other person, which probably wasn't the best for a young one.

  3. Cowabunga! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were awesome. I dressedup as Leonardo for Halloween numerous times as a child, along with my cousin, and sister. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had several games, but the favorite was Turtles in Time. The Statue of Liberty is stolen by Shredder and the boys have toget it back. They fight through levels until finally they must defeat Shredder.

  4. Street Fighter. It was basically the same as MK, but really MK was better. Still, Street Fighter makes the list, because, when we wanted a little something different from Mortal Kombat, we would pop this baby in.

  5. Last, but certainly not least is Donkey Kong Country. In this game, Donkey Kong and his nephew Diddy Kong must pass through, and defeat levels to gain his hoard of bananas back from King K. Rool and Kremlings. The best part of the game is itwas in 2-D instead of the usual 1-D. It made gaming a lot cooler.
There are so many more games I can add to the list, but we would be here for an eternity.
These only cover a small portion of my favorites.
I suggest to anyone out there has a Super Nintendo console to play it immediately and fall back
in love with this amazing gaming system. For the moments played on this, all the times you
played with your Wii or other systems with be forgotten. It's such a great 90's icon.
Now, go play, and COWABUNGA!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment